• Maundy Service at 18h00. Eucharist and Footwashing Thursday 17th April at Good Shepherd.
• Palm Sunday Service at 09h00. This celebration of Jesus’ entrance into Jerusalem starts with a procession. Carrying palms and singing hosannas, led by a brass band ‘The Newlands Independent Christmas Band’, the congregation walk up Kirstenbosch Drive to the church. The celebration is followed by tea under the oaks with the Good Shepherd family and to the music of the band.
• Good Friday Service at 09h00. We look upon the cross and see the greatest act of love ever known. This is an interactive service where we journey with the characters of the passion.
.Good Shepherd Sunday Service at 09h00 in April.
• Easter Sunday at 09h00. We celebrate Christ’s victory over death and His glorious resurrection in a church adorned with beautiful flowers.
• Cross of Nails Sunday. This is always celebrated on the Sunday nearest to 18th August. In 2012 it will be celebrated on 19th August.
• Protea Reunion Service. An annual reunion service for the Protea Village community who were removed from the area during the apartheid era. This is followed by a “bring & braai” in the church grounds.
• Hill School Sunday. A Eucharist service with grandparents, parents and children from the Hill School as our guests. This service is geared towards small children. Please note: there will be no Hill School service this year (2012).
• Remembrance Sunday. A moving service where we remember those who died in war, especially the first and second world wars.
• Dedication Sunday. A Eucharist service, usually in November, where we dedicate ourselves afresh to the service of God, offering our gifts and services to the church.
• All Souls Service. A Eucharist service held in November, where we remember our loved ones and give thanks to God for their lives. At this service we read the names of our loved ones who are deceased and light candles in memory of them
• Carols by Candlelight A picnic in the church gardens followed by a carol service by candlelight. Children are encouraged to take part. Presents are collected and for the past few years we have been giving to children at the Place of Hope.
• Children’s Crib Service at 17h00 on Christmas Eve. This service is for children, parents and grandparents with an interactive story telling of the birth of Jesus. Girls are encouraged to dress as angels and boys as shepherds.
.Midnight Service Christmas Eve
• Christmas Day Eucharist at 09h00. Join us as we celebrate the birth of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ and afterwards for Christmas cake and mince-pies.